- An n-dimensional Euclidian space with n > 3.
- A Euclidian space of unspecified dimension.
- A notional space orthogonal to the usual
dimensions of space-time often
used for faster-than-light travel.
- We can only get to the Nimrodian Galaxy if we go through hyperspace.
- (Video games): A means of teleporting one's character.
- I was totally surrounded, so I had to hit hyperspace.
Hyperspace may refer to:
- Hyperspace (science fiction), a concept often used in science fiction writing
- Hyperspace (book), a book by Dr. Michio Kaku that attempts to explain the possibility of ten-dimensional space using string theory
- Minkowski spacetime, a concept, often referred to by science fiction writers as "hyperspace", that refers to the four-dimensional space-time of special relativity
- Hyperspace theory
- Space (documentary), a 2001 BBC documentary that was distributed in the U.S. as Hyperspace
- HyperSpace (software), an "instant-on" operating system by Phoenix Technologies
- A book in the Choose Your Own Adventure series
Hyperspace also sounds similar to several terms used in mathematics, the term hyper often being used to refer to higher dimensional constructs:
- Hyperspace, a Euclidean space of dimension greater than three. (The term was common in late nineteenth century British books, sometimes in the context of paranormal fantasies, but has become rarer since then.)
- In topology a hyperspace is a topological space whose elements are subsets of another topological space.
- Hyperplane, an affine subspace of codimension one in such a space.
- Hypersphere, a round sphere dimension higher than 3, especially if embedded in such a space.
- Hypersurface, a submanifold of codimension one, especially if embedded in such a space. This term includes hypersphere and hyperplane as special cases.
- Tesseract, also known as a hypercube, a cube [0,1]d, where d > 3. The word tesseract was used, especially in nineteenth and early twentieth century British semi-popular books on mathematics, to denote the special case d = 4.
hyperspace in Estonian: Hüperruum
hyperspace in Spanish: Hiperespacio
hyperspace in French: Hyperespace
hyperspace in Russian: Гиперпространство (значения)